Thursday, March 19, 2009

update: so tahrdy

2007: All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
2008: Less work and a little play makes Jack a regular boy.
2009: More work and more play makes Jack a tahrdy* boy.

On most days I find myself slumped over my bed, too lazy to even change my clothes (or my bedsheets). Work has got me so drained physically and emotionally that it's beginning to take its toll. I waited all week for an epiphany to write about but nothing came. I was still tired. I was still in the city and not a single muse was there to guide the way.

I need a vacation. citybuoy needs to be provincebuoy for at least a week. I filed for a vacation leave and it got beautifully and ceremoniously rejected. Boo. I guess I'm not hitting the beach any time soon. Since then, work's become such a bitch. I've worn out my new shoes from dragging my heels to work. I need to come to terms with the fact that because of graduation season, work's going to be a little hectic. With more and more classes full of fresh trainees, dreams of running with sand at my feet have given way to speech drills and tall caramel macchiatos.

I tried psyching myself. Yes! I've got work in the morning! I am sooo excited! That didn't work.

I tried tricking my mind into thinking I was on vacation. Let's go to the grocery! I'm going to get some butter cookies! I'm sooo excited! Didn't work.

I even tried sleeping in my swim shorts hoping that I would dream of the ocean. Didn't work either.

Help me. I neeeeeeed a vacation. Burning out in 5... 4... 3... xxx